Uterus removed without consent, FIR against four Pune doctors

Maret 2, 2026 - 19:55
 0  0
Uterus removed without consent, FIR against four Pune doctors

Pune: Four doctors have been booked in Pune on charges of alleged medical negligence after a 35-year-old patient claimed that her uterus was removed without her consent during a fibroid removal surgery at a private hospital. A hospital staff member has also been booked in connection with the case.

According to the complaint, the woman was diagnosed with a small uterine fibroid during a sonography in 2023 and later approached the hospital in September 2025 for treatment. She was reportedly informed that the fibroid would be removed through laser surgery. She was admitted on September 14 and underwent surgery the next day.

The patient was discharged on September 17, 2025. However, after continuing to experience discomfort and pain after discharge, she revisited the hospital for further consultation. During subsequent examinations and review of documents, she claimed to have discovered that her uterus had been removed during the procedure.

In her complaint, the woman stated that she had consented only to the removal of the fibroid and had not given consent for a hysterectomy. She further alleged that when she questioned the doctors about the procedure, she was not provided with a satisfactory explanation.

According to a report by Hindustan Times, the woman filed a complaint at Manjri police station on February 27, 2026. “Based on the complaint, a case has been registered against four doctors, and a staff of Sai Care Multi-Speciality Hospital, Manjri, under sections 125(B) and 3(5) of the Bharatiya Nyaya Sanhita,” said senior police inspector Babasaheb Nikam, attached to Manjri police station.

Mahesh Kawale, police sub-inspector at Manjri police station, said that during the investigation, hospital medical records, consent forms, and surgical reports were examined, and it was found that the uterus had indeed been removed.

“We sought an opinion from the district expert medical panel before registering the case. The panel has given a clear opinion indicating medical negligence. Based on the complaint, expert opinion, and investigation findings, an offence has been registered against the doctors, and a further probe is underway. However, no arrests have been made so far,” he said.

Apa Reaksi Anda?

Suka Suka 0
Kurang Suka Kurang Suka 0
Setuju Setuju 0
Tidak Setuju Tidak Setuju 0
Bagus  Bagus 0
Berguna Berguna 0
Hebat Hebat 0
Edusehat Platform Edukasi Online Untuk Komunitas Kesehatan Agar Mendapatkan Informasi Dan Pengetahuan Terbaru Tentang Kesehatan Dari Nasional Maupun Internasional. || An online education platform for the health community to obtain the latest information and knowledge about health from both national and international sources.