Patient suffers burn injury during C-section; Panchkula doctor, hospital booked for alleged negligence

Februari 27, 2026 - 16:50
 0  0
Patient suffers burn injury during C-section; Panchkula doctor, hospital booked for alleged negligence

Panchkula: In a case of alleged medical negligence, a doctor and a private hospital in the Mansa Devi Complex (MDC) area of Panchkula have been booked after a 31-year-old woman reportedly suffered a burn injury during a Caesarean section. 

The FIR was registered at the MDC police station following a complaint filed by a resident of Sector 21, Panchkula. The complainant alleged that her daughter suffered a serious burn near her ankle while undergoing a C-section on November 16, 2025.

Also Read:Hospital Cannot Escape Liability for Doctor’s Negligence, Rules Uttarakhand HC

According to the FIR, the hospital did not immediately inform the patient or her family about the injury. The burn was reportedly discovered later by family members. The family has claimed that the burn caused severe physical pain, permanent scarring, risk of infection, emotional trauma, and required extended medical treatment. They further claimed that they incurred additional financial expenses in managing the burn.

Speaking to TOI, police said the matter was first referred for medical examination and expert review. After the medical inquiry report was submitted, it was found that offences under BNS were applicable. Consequently, an FIR under BNS Sections 125(a) (reckless or negligent acts that endanger human life or personal safety) and 289 (negligent conduct with respect to machinery) was registered earlier this month.

In response to the allegations, a spokesperson for the Cloudnine Hospital said that the case had been reviewed by the CMO's office, Panchkula (civil surgeon, Panchkula). The spokesperson stated that the hospital provided comprehensive medical support to the patient until February 2, 2026, including plastic surgery interventions, and maintained that her condition was stable.

Refuting the allegations, the hospital described them as “misleading claims” aimed at damaging the reputation of the institution.

Also Read:Alapuzzha Medical Negligence Case: MP KC Venugopal accuses Govt of whitewashing probe

As per TOI, the committee report under the civil surgeon concluded that the burn sustained by the patient was an electric accident during the procedure. While the report found no deliberate act by the operating team, it stated that the incident was a preventable accident and that negligence or ignorance regarding proper handling of electrocautery equipment by hospital staff could not be ruled out. The committee also noted that once the burn was identified, the hospital provided dermatological and plastic surgery care.  

Meanwhile, the family has also approached the consumer forum, seeking redressal in the matter.  

Apa Reaksi Anda?

Suka Suka 0
Kurang Suka Kurang Suka 0
Setuju Setuju 0
Tidak Setuju Tidak Setuju 0
Bagus  Bagus 0
Berguna Berguna 0
Hebat Hebat 0
Edusehat Platform Edukasi Online Untuk Komunitas Kesehatan Agar Mendapatkan Informasi Dan Pengetahuan Terbaru Tentang Kesehatan Dari Nasional Maupun Internasional. || An online education platform for the health community to obtain the latest information and knowledge about health from both national and international sources.